Thursday, July 23, 2015

Clean up my Azure space

Starting a new job can be filled with rebuilding labs, cleaning up old configurations, essentially building up tech so that you can start from scratch.

There are so many benefits to being a Microsoft Alumni that I was simply not paying attention to. One of those it 50% off MSDN subscription (new subscription). That is amazing. I began my MSDN Pro subscription last week. With that level there are $150 a month worth of Azure services! This is great for testing.

I had used Azure quite a bit for different things while at Specops and my liveID was associated with the company. I had done a lot of configuration up there before and I wanted to clean up... get rid of VMs, Networks, essentially wipe and re-load... but no... not really.

The Directory Services I created for labs while at Specops (SullyCo and Speocps Product Services) are apparently there to stay. They most likely won't interfere with anything (but they could) but it is annoying to see artifacts in there that you won't ever use...

It also took me a while to actually figure out this was not possible, after trying many things... finally found the threads and discussions online about this.

Simply for regulatory reasons there should be a way to remove the Directory Services when they are deprecated. If anyone is aware of a way to do this, please let me know.

Kevin

No comments:

Post a Comment